Sunday, June 2, 2024

The Why Of Wie / The Dead Letter Office

Reality can be harsh in its reminders that not everybody around you is your friend. But it can also be very heartening to be reminded moments later that yes, some people really do care about you. It is something else when you feel like crying and they still manage to make you laugh out loud instead. Damn, I needed that. Never underestimate the importance of friendship. I am so very grateful for my friends. What would I do without you? Hey, have you ever noticed how in certain realms, appearances can be just as important as reality, sometimes even more? A shame to be sure, but unfortunately true. This can be what scientists would call a bummer. Because, things are not as glorious as they appear to be. Believe me, I wish they were. Still, I'm okay. It's been a rough patch of road of late, but still rockin, still reelin. I use the pseudonym "Cosmic Wie" in a couple places on the net as a metaphor in the spirit of Major Tom to show how I can figuratively blast off to new heights on a certain tangent for the stars, soaring as if I were a Super Saiyan Superman... And sometimes I swear I can almost reach said stars, closer, closer, closer.... Then it happens: My powers disappear, my figurative rockets burn out, and down, down, down, I fall. It's like reality and gravity and the relentlessness of time combine into a Lex Luthor General Zod that 'our hero' can't exactly defeat, and I just crash, smacking back to earth in a most spectacular fashion. Then, after I climb out of the crater, Wile E Coyote style, I take a while to get my mind together, and before I realize it, I'm taking off for the stars again. Why? Go figure, go fish. It totally beats me. Now, I know this place ain't the best place for absolution, validation, or any yadda yadda Yodas. But, you see, I tend to write when I need to vent and/or attempt to figure myself out. And as I figuratively sit here beside yet another crater, whisps of smoke rising from my pummeled spirit, and getting out the aptly named "Crazy Glue" to piece back together, heart and soul... I think maybe it's good to say so at least somewhere. If Wishes Were rocket Powered Rollerskates, We all would fly. And just like with a certain coyote, I sometimes chase dreams as elusive as that damn roadrunner. My two main phases in the tide of life are Buzz Lightyear and Wile E Coyote. Aka liftoff and the fall. I sometimes wonder what kind of movie my life would be. I do break into song now and then, but it's not a Disney movie. I've got a pretty darned awesome sense O humor if I do say so myself, but it's not a comedy. I do try to avoid drama, but there have been moments, but I hope it's not a drama. Thank goodness it's not a Shakespearian play. That would be bad. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be a romance movie. Nothing cool is happening, so it's not SCI-FI or fantasy. I'm not Rambo or James Bond, so it's not an action movie. Oh and I'm glad it's not a horror movie. Just please tell me it's not a PBS documentary. I think I'd rather be running from Freddy. Maybe my life is a TV show instead. After all I encounter way too many ads about traveling to these beautiful places in the world.. And oh, if I only could. But first, I would have to trip over a suitcase full of money, then fall into someone who would want to go to those places with me. Frankly, I've got a better chance of being abducted by aliens, and they probably wouldn't be the ones Captain Kirk spent each week getting to know... Damn it, Jim! Remember, friends, there is two kinds of crazy people in this world: The fun Mad Hatter types and the scary Nutso The Clown types. May we always be and meet the former and never the latter. Also. We hatters should get together for a nice mad tea party and celebrate our unbirthdays. Oh well. Clean cup move down.

 
Once upon a time, the post office had this place where all the undeliverable mail would end up. Maybe these writings of mine are that same place for these letters unwritten. See, there is no such thing as an invalid emotion, only the difference between what you feel and what you know. See, the mind can judge them possible or impossible, smart or stupid, workable or unworkable, but we just feel how we feel and the heart just doesn't give a damn. It decides and leaves the rest for the mind to figure out. It just says, "Good luck, pal!" and skips town. Business trip. I started this, now you finish it. It's funny, really. Also depressing. Do you ever ever envy Mr. Data from Star Trek? Not for the surprisingly inventive programming, but for the fact he could instantly turn off his emotions? That guy was lucky in more ways than one. Hell, at least Spock struggled sometimes, got high on spores and beat the daylights out of Kirk. Data? Nope. He didn't even have to worry about blushing in front of Lt. Yarr after that episode. Oh well. Go figure, go fish. Have you ever thought of the difference between something or someone changing your mind vs. changing how you see absolutely everything? I know life experiences can do this over many years. But can a person? You better believe there are a few rarities out there who absolutely can. I just so happen to know someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment